What’s New With the 2022 Acura Lineup?
Acura enters the 2022 model year at a crossroads. Honda’s premium division remodelled the MDX three-row crossover SUV a
nd refurbished the RDX small crossover, its two best-selling models, but sold out the final NSX supercar in hours. The comfortable utility vehicles helped the company re-establish its inexpensive performance mojo with the return of the Acura Integra hatchback, which helped start the brand in the 1980s but had been dormant for the previous 20 years.
What’s new in Acura’s 2022 lineup?
2022 Acura MDX
– A new structure, a revamped interior, and upgraded safety and convenience features distinguish the redesigned three-row crossover SUV.
– 3.5-litre V-6 with 290 horsepower and 267 pound-feet of torque as standard; optional 355-hp turbo V-6 in MDX Type S. Power is sent to the front wheels through a 10-speed automatic transmission; all-wheel drive is available.
A panoramic sunroof, power tailgate, 19-inch alloys, wireless smartphone charging, synthetic leather upholstery, 12-way power front seats, and a 12.3-inch infotainment display with wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are all standard equipment. Instead of a touchscreen, the infotainment system is controlled via an inadequate touchpad, which may be the sole flaw in the cabin.
– Front and rear automated emergency braking, adaptive cruise control, and blind-spot monitors are standard.
– The compact sedan gets new front and rear fascias and a more luxurious interior.
– A 2.4-litre inline-four with 201 hp and 180 lb-ft is the only engine offered; it teams with an eight-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission. Front-wheel drive is standard, and all-wheel drive is optional.
– Standard features include LED headlights, 18-inch wheels, synthetic leather upholstery, eight-way power front seats, wireless smartphone charging, and a 9.0-inch infotainment display with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capability.
– Key safety features include automatic emergency braking with pedestrian detection, adaptive cruise control, lane departure warning, and a driver attention monitor.
2022 Acura NSX
– The second-generation supercar features a new twin-turbo V-6 and three electric motors that work together to produce 573 hp and 476 lb-ft of torque. A nine-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission sends power to all four wheels.
– Standard features include LED headlights, 19-inch front and 20-inch rear wheels, carbon fibre and aluminum construction, synthetic leather upholstery, eight-way power front seats, and a 10.0-inch infotainment display with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capability, and a 13-speaker ELS Studio 3D audio system.
– Key safety features include automatic emergency braking with pedestrian detection, adaptive cruise control with low speed follow, lane departure warning with lane-keeping assist, and a rearview camera.
2022 Acura RDX
– The second-generation RDX crossover SUV was redesigned for 2019 and gets a few new features for 2022.
– A turbocharged 2.0-litre inline-four with 272 hp and 280 lb-ft is the only engine offered and teams with a 10-speed automatic transmission. All-wheel drive is standard.
– Standard features include LED headlights, 19-inch wheels, synthetic leather upholstery, eight-way power front seats, wireless smartphone charging, a panoramic sunroof, and a 10.2-inch infotainment display with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capability, and a 16-speaker ELS Studio 3D audio system.
– Key safety features include automatic emergency braking, adaptive cruise control, lane departure warning with lane-keeping assist, and a rearview camera.
– A revamped five-seat sedan for the 2021 model year is projected to continue over to 2022.
– The Acura Integra will replace the aging small car based on the old Honda Civic next year.
– The Integra will be a five-seat hatchback with a six-speed manual gearbox.
The Acura ILX, NSX, RDX, and TLX are all great cars that offer a variety of features to drivers. From comfortable rides to luxurious interiors and infotainment systems, these cars have it all. With so many great features, it’s no wonder these cars are so popular.
If you’re looking for Acura cars for sale, you will find unique models at Acura Pickering! We’re an Acura dealer, serving clients throughout Pickering and the surrounding areas. Check out our vehicles and services today!